Denver, Colorado – Achieving high search engine rankings for our clients is tough, especially in Dallas/Fort Worth. There’s lots of competition for what seems to be little space. But we’re able to get our clients high rankings in Google, Bing and Yahoo because we take a smart, sophisticated approach. Not all companies have the luxury of brilliant online marketing gurus. But there are some simple steps you can take to increase your search engine rankings. Search engine optimization is often about making small modifications to parts of your website. When viewed individually, these changes might seem like incremental improvements, but when combined with other optimizations, they could have a noticeable impact on your site’s user experience and performance in organic search results. Here are
7 best practices ideas to help:
- Create unique, accurate page titles – a title tag tells both users and search engines what the topic of a particular page is.
- Make use of the “description” meta tag – A page’s description meta tag gives Google and other search engines a summary of what the page is about.
- Improve the structure of your URLs – Creating descriptive categories and filenames for the documents on your website can not only help you keep your site better organized, but it could also lead to better crawling of your documents by search engines.
- Make your site easier to navigate – Navigation is very important for search engines. Keep it simple, silly. The navigation of a website is important in helping visitors quickly find the content they want.
- Offer quality content and services – Creating compelling and useful content will likely influence your website more than any of the other factors. Interesting sites will increase their recognition on their own. Anticipate differences in users’ understanding of your topic and offer unique, exclusive content.
- Optimize your use of images – Images may seem like a straightforward component of your site, but you can optimize your use of them. All images can have a distinct filename and “alt” attribute, both of which you should take advantage of.
- Promote your website in the right ways – Increasing backlinks with an intention to increase the value of the site. Backlinks are the lifeblood of good search engine optimization.
Take these are proven steps and you can improve your website search engine rankings. That being said, improving your rankings is not an overnight process. It takes diligent work every day. If you don’t have that person on staff, we can certainly help. If you would like more information about increasing your search engine rankings, contact us today for a free mini-evaluation and we can help you rankings.